Senior Health Warning Signs
Senior Health Warning Signs That a Loved One Needs More Support
How do you know that it is time to consider support from a senior community? You pay attention to the senior health warning signs. Some indicators are more obvious than others, but any of the below warning signs for senior health issues indicate further guidance should be obtained from a doctor to uncover undiagnosed medical conditions.
- There is unopened mail, unpaid bills, collection notices or indications of bank account overdrafts.
- The house is not as tidy as it used to be.
- Spoiled food piles up in the refrigerator.
- They have been frequently missing appointments or events, which could be an early sign of dementia or be simply a sign that he or she is curtailing driving.
- They have trouble managing medications.
- There are signs that a loved one is not bathing frequently.
- Activities they once enjoyed no longer interest them.
- There seem to be a growing number of unexplained bruises – possibly from falls or bumping into walls and furniture.
- There is a change in mood or evidence of depression.