Health & Wellness
We treat the person as a whole. Which is a whole lot different than other places.
Whether in independent or assisted living, we offer tangible ways to live healthier.
- Every day, in every community there are exercise programs, building strength, mobility, endurance, and balance. It’s one of the reasons our fall rates for seniors in all our communities are less than half the industry standard.
- Wellness clinics at each location offer blood pressure screenings and immunization clinics, and scheduled access to health specialties like podiatry that seniors use most.
- While you can choose your own primary care physician, many people choose to see the Medical Director for primary care appointments right on-site. That’s especially convenient when you’re not feeling well.
- If you need some physical, occupational or speech therapy, it’s available without the stress of going to another location. Therapists come to all our communities.
- There are regular education programs on managing the chronic diseases that come with advanced age, as well as information on nutrition and medication management.
Experts at managing the challenges of aging
Health needs are ever changing, and we’ve committed the resources necessary to deliver exceptional care in our assisted living programs.
- Each Laureate Group community has its own full-time Registered Nurse. With an RN on site, a nurse is readily available for unplanned needs.
- The RN leads an interdisciplinary team that offers coordinated care for every assisted living resident. Everything from dining to spiritual support is considered when developing a plan.
- While the state of Wisconsin expects the plan to be updated once a year, we exceed that standard and meet with families no less than twice a year, and quarterly if a loved one is in a specialty program like dementia care.
- We employ two additional RNs to provide an extra set of eyes to support our most compromised residents and those with complex care needs.
- We use a proprietary system that allows us to staff based not only on the number of people we care for, but also on the care they require. We do not have a one size fits all staffing ratio.
- Our staff is experienced in managing multiple chronic diseases like arthritis, congestive heart failure, diabetes, Parkinson’s and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Most older adults have two or more of these conditions.
- Our RNs regularly evaluate resident’s prescriptions and work with the individual, doctors and family to ensure only the lowest dosages of needed medications are administered.
- We measure. We know there is a correlation between an improvement in critical outcomes and quality care.
At every Laureate Group community, we believe you’ll be pleased with the quality of care, but also the quality of caring.