Health and Wellness
We Are Committed to Delivering Exceptional Senior Care
Senior Community Health and Wellness is A Key Focus
The Laureate Group Senior Communities in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties believe that every person should be given the opportunity to participate in all that life has to offer. That’s why our focus on senior community health and wellness is so important to us. Maintaining good health is the foundation to a quality life.
We promote a healthy lifestyle through exercise programs that build strength, mobility, endurance, and balance. Our senior communities’ wellness clinics give people convenient access to blood pressure screenings, immunization clinics, and other health specialties.
Laureate Living Strong for the Strongest Seniors
We know that falling is one of the greatest risks seniors face. So Laureate Group has partnered with HealthPro/Heritage and Recover Health to develop Laureate Living Strong, an initiative to minimize that risk by increasing strength, flexibility and balance.
- Dedicated physical, occupational and speech therapists will help people develop and advance their wellness goals through exercise classes, special clinics, as well as educational and wellness programs.
- When someone returns from a hospital or rehab stay, physician ordered therapy services can be conveniently provided right onsite to further build strength.
- Shortly after moving in to one of our communities, a therapist will provide a free screening to identify safety concerns in the apartment and to assess whether an individual could benefit from therapies.
Experienced in Managing the Challenges of Aging
Health needs are ever changing, and our eight Laureate Group senior communities in southeastern Wisconsin have committed the resources necessary to deliver exceptional care through our assisted living program.
- Each Laureate Group community has its own full-time registered nurse on-site who leads an interdisciplinary team to offer coordinated care for complex needs as they arise. There is always a nurse on-call 24/7.
- Laureate Group RNs regularly evaluate an individual’s prescriptions and work with the individual, doctors, and family to ensure only the lowest dosages of needed medications are administered.
- While you can choose your own primary care physician, many people choose to see the physician right on-site for primary care appointments.
- There are regular education programs on managing the chronic diseases that come with advanced age, as well as information on nutrition and medication management.
- Laureate Group staff is experienced in managing multiple chronic diseases like arthritis, congestive heart failure, diabetes, Parkinson’s and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- We use a proprietary system that allows us to staff based not only on the number of people we care for, but also on the care they require.
- While the state of Wisconsin expects the plan to be updated once a year, the Laureate Group exceeds that standard and meets with families no less than twice a year, and quarterly if a loved one is in a specialty program like dementia care.
Find a Community
We are here to help. Contact one of the Laureate Group’s eight Milwaukee-area senior living communities.