Laureate Living Strong at Laurel Oaks
We know that one of the greatest risks seniors face is falling. And we also know that one of the best ways to minimize that risk is to increase strength, flexibility and balance. So the Laureate Group has partnered with Paxxon Health Care and Gentiva Home Health to develop a program open to all residents: Laureate Living Strong. Just as the name says, we want to help build the strength, health and wellness of every senior living at Laurel Oaks.
You will have access to the on-site gym at no additional cost. The circuit training includes six stations that focus on building strength, flexibility and balance. The PhysioStep provides a total body workout designed for all fitness levels. Therapists are available on site throughout the week to assist seniors in developing an exercise program in line with their goals.
- You will have access to the many exercise classes already available at Laurel Oaks
- Some exercise classes will be led by therapists who will incorporate special techniques for older adults
- Therapists will offer special screenings to help identify people that could benefit from therapy. The goal is to keep you strong, active and living as independent as possible
- Throughout the year, you will be able to attend educational and wellness programs presented by Paxxon and Gentiva therapists
- And, if you would like a program of customized, one-on-one personal training, that is available at an additional cost.
If you are returning from a hospital stay, and your doctor indicates you should continue therapy, you may be able to do so in the comfort of your own apartment, or in the on-site therapy gym. This can be more convenient than going to another location several times a week to access physical, occupational and speech therapy. Older adults can now return home quicker and still receive needed therapies.
- There will be dedicated physical and occupational therapy staff in the gym, people who you get to know you and who will help you advance your therapy goals
- Our therapists will communicate with the discharge planner at the hospital or nursing home, with the goal of returning you home faster
- Most therapies are covered by Medicare Part A and Part B plans, so these services will be available at low, or no cost to you.
Therapy schedules are flexible, so you can still attend your favorite outings and activity programs. And families are always welcome to attend your therapy sessions.
Want to learn more about Laureate Group wellness programs? Come for a tour and see how our focus on health and wellness helps seniors live strong at Laurel Oaks.