Laureate Living Strong at Hart Park Square
We know that falling is one of the greatest risks seniors face. And we also know that one of the best ways to minimize that risk is to increase strength, flexibility and balance. So the Laureate Group has partnered with HealthPro/Heritage and Recover Health to develop a program open to all residents: Laureate Living Strong. Just as the name says, we want to help build the strength, health and wellness of every senior at Hart Park Square.
You will have access to the on-site gym at Hart Park Square at no additional cost. There’s circuit training with six stations that focus on building strength, flexibility and balance. The PhysioStep provides a total body workout designed for all fitness levels. Therapists are available on site throughout the week to assist in developing an exercise program in line with an individual’s goals.
- Exercise classes are held six days a week at Hart Park Square
- Some exercise classes will be led by therapists who will incorporate special techniques for older adults
- Therapists will offer special screenings to help identify people that could benefit from therapy. The goal is to keep each person strong, active and living as independent as possible
- Throughout the year, there will be educational and wellness programs presented by HealthPro/Heritage and Recover Health therapists
- And, if anyone would like a program of customized, one-on-one personal training, that is available at an additional cost.
If you are returning from a hospital stay, and your doctor indicates you should continue therapy, you may be able to do so in the comfort of your own apartment, or in the on-site therapy gym. This can be more convenient than going to another location several times a week to access physical, occupational and speech therapy. Older adults can now return home quicker and still receive needed therapies.
- There will be dedicated physical and occupational therapy staff in the gym, people who you get to know you and who will help you advance your therapy goals
- Our therapists will communicate with the discharge planner at the hospital or nursing home, with the goal of returning you home faster
- Most therapies are covered by Medicare Part A and Part B plans, so these services will be available at low, or no cost to you.
Therapy schedules are flexible, so you can still attend your favorite outings and activity programs. And families are always welcome to attend your therapy sessions.
Want to learn more about Laureate Group wellness programs? Come for a tour and see how our focus on health and wellness helps seniors live strong at all our Laureate Group communities.