At the Laureate Group, we believe that every person should be given the opportunity to participate in all that life has to offer regardless of health condition. We believe in looking at the possibilities rather than the barriers, and that has led to some exciting activities in our communities.
For the past three years, a group of residents from Hart Park Square has set off for a weekend camping trip with Dan, the maintenance director at the community. See pictures from this popular overnight outing. But we understand that not all of our residents will want to go camping, and that’s why you’ll find a variety of opportunities to meet diverse interests.
How do Laureate Group seniors spend their time?
Here are just a few examples.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Walking Clubs
- Drumming Circles
- Wii Sports Leagues
- Writing Clubs and Art Guilds
- Card Groups- Bridge, Cribbage, Sheepshead, Penny Poker, Texas Hold ‘Em, Euchre, Black Jack and Puzzles (Jigsaw, Crosswords, Sudoku)
- Parties and Socials
- Hand Bell Choir
- Knitting/Crochet Groups
- Intergenerational programs – working with the local scouts and tutoring grade school children
- Educational speakers
- Cooking demonstrations
At every community, we are committed to providing an environment of life long learning and engagement, and it’s why we have:
- Staff at each community devoted to developing programming.
- Activities every day of the week, during both the day and evening.
- A mix of programs that provide opportunities for entertainment, improved health and personal growth. Start with line dancing, stir in Tai Chi and take in a class on local history.
- Partnerships with local artists, writers and others who provide programs on-site like watercolors and creative writing.
- Spiritual Connections from bible studies, Mass, grief-loss support groups to yoga and meditation.
- Trips and outings offered to all residents monthly, including those residing in dementia care. Take in a Brewer game, theater or lunch at a favorite restaurant.
We actually monitor the number and types of programs at every community on a monthly basis to make sure that the expected balance of social, creative, educational, spiritual, health and wellness activities are scheduled.
See examples of Lifestyle programs in a particular location by selecting the Laureate Group community that is right for you.