Dementia Care Services
A Specialized Program
We offer a specialized program for individuals with cognitive impairment or memory loss, and who may require one on one support. Here you will find staff, specially trained in dementia care, that understand the power of a smile or a kind word, the calming effect of a gentle touch. We understand that in everything we do, we are contributing to the quality of someone’s life.
Offered in a smaller, more intimate assisted living setting within some Laureate Group communities, each provides a secure environment and 24-hour staffing.
Your loved one is part of a community surrounded by peers, who share many common life experiences, all while retaining the dignity of living in their own private apartment.
The goal of this specialized care is to maximize the feeling of security and increase the ability to function while minimizing the sense of loss. Our communities also provide ongoing support and education for the entire family.
Our program offers services in addition to those provided in our assisted living program
- Staff specially trained to address the unique needs of individuals at varying stages of memory loss
- Structured purposeful activities specifically designed to promote the highest level of independence
- A monthly calendar filled with daily activities, morning, afternoon and night, every single day
- Regularly scheduled outings in the community to area restaurants and attractions, and scenic tours
- Personal escorts to in-house activities, hair salon and in-house doctor appointments
- Three meals per day with specialized diets available, and assistance at mealtime as needed
As with all assisted living services, a registered nurse conducts a general assessment and then works with individuals and their family or representative to develop an individualized service plan.
Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care is Available at These Communities
Menonomee Falls, WI
Oak Hill Terrace